Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May 24/25 - WINDS

So Monday was a WINDY one here in Colorado!
It was a good day, but I found myself suffering from comparison with the weekend days. I found myself a little bored.

So, I gots to thinkin' (again) (wink) And, it seems my thinking was right in tune with the gusty wind. A bit all over the place. Whipping from here to there.

So here is some of what is coming up:

I'm clear that I strive for more home/work balance. This is a large part of why I begun this practice of trying to be more mindful and grateful for ALL aspects of this life! So, a good REMINDER to do just that ... Be Present to What Is. Wake Up to ALL that IS.

Also, I spoke on Sunday of filling ones' day-to-day with more of those things that bring LIFT and JOY and HAPPINESS. For me, this means 'occupation' by way of leisure activity (the family, friend connection and nature), which is why I had such a BEAUTIFUL weekend!

Now I find myself in the traditional work week. And it is "occupation" by way of career that comes to greater light.

This is the area where I feel most whipped, whirled and tossed around. What direction to go? Feeling a pull to a few things. WINDY, indeed!

So, this staying aware and present thing serves beautifully here, too! But, I keep coming back to what feels like a truth for me right now. Something said (by a couple people) that's really sinking in.

(If I may paraphrase) It is in the 'engaging,' the 'jumping in and living' that we actually live.

To me, that translated nicely into the idea of "LEARNING BY LIVING!" (which incidentally, I'm really damn good at!) To me, it makes me realize how in the striving for balance ... I'm finding more striving. Me thinks it's time for a bit more doing/jumping-in. (wink) Time to just START ... somewhere. (the time for perfecting the vision will come)

I find it funny to be having this conversation with myself ... the one who usually jumps in, and jumps in fast! Ah, how the rules of the game really have seemed to change for me now that Mama is one of my roles. AWARENESS, right?!

So, Here's to LIVING (each moment of each day). Here's to BEGINNING ... something!

gratitudes:
*Me
*My Life and those Lovely People In It with Me
*Beautiful ABUNDANCE!

LOVE.

1 comment:

  1. More Gratitudes:

    *Those times when Ru will lay on your lap/chest and you just hang out!
    *Lunch with Guillermo ... thanks for listening and offering your support/compassion/love! Lifted my spirits :)
    *Awesome conversations with friends

    Good Night!

    ReplyDelete