Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May 11

So, I'm at the park with Ru. It's cold (to me) .. she's having a blast. I find myself in my head - a place in which I spend too much time these out-of-good-balance-days. When suddenly my thoughts come to this blog/this experiment. Ah, even if forced ... how nice to have that mindfulness, that awareness, that focus on the present moment. Forced because I NEED to stay present to the moment every once in a while if I'm to write each evening about those moments for which I'm grateful, those moments that pull me into the NOW. So while it feels a bit like homework or a task right now (not as natural as other times in my life) ... It is this forced mindfulness that is first on my list of gratitudes for THIS DAY!

Others:
*rock-star parking and a $3 happy hour glass of red
*a partner who is beautifully human, just like me ... and is IN for the journey - where ever on the roller coaster we may find ourselves.
*Purely authentic belly laughter from anyone .. but especially Ruby :)
*Finding and TAKING time to decompress, release tensions from my not-so-great-mom-day, moments of letting go. (need to get better at creating more of this ... for ME, and everyone around me!)
*Tomorrow is a new day!

GOOD NIGHT.
LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment