Thursday, May 13, 2010

May 13

So this practice isn't habit yet (of course) ... but again, part of why I'm doing this. Periodic forced awareness and gratitude is oh-so-much better than hardly any at all!

Today was a lovely day.
* Ru slept in til 8am! She needed rest and I actually read a book while drinking my coffee this morn.
* Two awesome client sessions
* Lunch with Guillermo (we're committing to more "us time" during the week ... even if not a standard date night)
* A walk and coffee with a great friend who's b-day was today :)
* Downtime to read and relax. Ahhhhhh.
* And, picked up Ruby from 'pre-school' where she was ALL smiles per usual - what a social little girl, who can chat any ones' ear off! (Hmmmm. Wonder where she gets that?!? wink and smile)
* Also love watching young talent ... the kid on Ellen today who covered a Lady Gaga song. Impressivo!

While I will surely find myself in impatient or control-freak spaces time and again ... (yeah, trying to control anything outside yourself is pretty futile. And a 2 year old?! Damn silly/insane to try!)
And, I still wake some days wondering if I could just stay in bed for 5 more hours (!!) ...

This practice has proven helpful already. I'm feeling more myself!

Until tomorrow.
Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment