Monday, May 10, 2010

BEGIN!

DAY 1 of my Gratitude Experiment:

I chose to BEGIN my officially-unofficial Gratitude Experiment the day after Mother's Day for a couple key-to-me reasons.

A. Being Mama to our 2.4 yr. old daughter, Ruby, is without doubt an aspect of my life for which I am MOST GRATEFUL!
B. Incidentally, it is also the thing (the role) that challenges me most, pushes almost every button I have, brings out some of my worst personal/human flaws .. AND .. thank the heavens also shows me some of my best, most full-of-grace attributes.

WHY THIS GRATITUDE EXPERIMENT?
I have felt more challenged - more pushed to my limits - this last 6 months than I can remember in all my life. As I seek out/create a greater, more perfectly-me home/work-life balance ... I want to be truly aware and engaged in the process. I want to create a scenario where I more effectively bring into my life that which truly speaks to my heart, my strengths, my passions. And, perhaps even more important: I want to be oh-so-mindful of all those little things in my current day-to-day that ALREADY ARE. More consciously grateful for what IS as I move forward creating 'what will become' ... One Day at A Time!

WHAT WILL THIS LOOK LIKE?
Without setting any rigid guidelines and thus limiting this experiment, my intention is to blog each day about those things for which I am most grateful and happy. Those things that perhaps stop me in my tracks and get me out of my head for even one blissful moment! And, too, in an effort to honor all aspects of me and my process ... to discuss those rough spots (without which there would be no growth opportunities).

WHY BLOG?
Simply put, this is my accountability measure. My commitment to me, this process and anyone who might choose to read/follow along. For this ... I am grateful!

GAME ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment