Friday, July 30, 2010

July 30 - What a Difference a Day Makes

Yesterday was an oh-so-much better day than our Wednesday.

After the smoke clears (from the fire-breathing moods, that is) it truly makes me feel good that I do know why we have those dark days ... because I KNOW me so well. (this wasn't always the case) And the "why" is pretty important for awareness and conscious change.

AND, an even more recent discovery (and thus work done and to be done) is truly allowing myself to go to the dark places and BE SEEN there. Share. Vent. (throw the tantrum, right?!)

Now, clearly there are better and more appropriate-for-all ways to throw a good ol' fit (i.e. NOT in front of your 2 year old unless you want them to follow suit. Alas, we're human.) But, I'm clear that "throwing it" in a more constructive way is the best way to MOVE THROUGH IT (to quote a great friend!). To honor where you are ... even if "UGLY"

And after my deep breathing (smiles) ... I was reminded of my previous blog entry. (I love you. I'm sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you.) Helps, too, in Moving Through.

What I KNOW about Me and My Daughter:
* We are both energized by and seekers of social interaction. True people-people!
* Four+ days of quarantine and little activity (due to fever and cold) does not suit either of us.
* Sketch-ville ensues after too much of the quarantine because of point #1.
* This IS what it IS
* I welcome other social-butterfly ideas for getting through these periods (coloring, movies, games. What else?) :)

So yesterday ... Ruby hung with her pre-school friends for a bit. I got out and volunteered at a cool new start up school for girls. G and I had a great-convo date night last night.

And imagine that ... all is right with my world. Ha!

An oh-so-simple adage keeps floating through my brain: Know Thyself!
And then, more importantly, ACT.
Move more freely and often in the direction of YOUR HEART, regardless of what you tell yourself life as a Mom/Dad/Family/Sibling/Daughter/Son/Sig. Other is "supposed" to look like. This is my work still to be done. Ongoing, I think ...

Love and Respect. For Us First. Which gives us the capacity to extend to OTHERS.

I'll end with the ingenious little quote Tut (the universe) had for me and others today:
"Most would never admit it, or they hide it from themselves, but everyone can sense God within.

And once admitted, they can sense God in others.

Go for it!
The Universe"

No comments:

Post a Comment