Wednesday, July 28, 2010

July 28 ... ARGH!

So this particular blog isn't about gratitude (other than a few choice ones, which I'll get to later).
Rather ... this blog is born of serious angst and needing to VENT.

Stay at Home Mom!
I'm going to say it ... other than a very few special people, I think SAHM is likely one of the most unbalanced and not-so-healthy-for-anyone roles to play. And, terrible twos ... why is it that I (ME) am acting more like a terrible two than my ingenious little push-every-button-in-me daughter?!! Grrrrrrrrr!

Seriously, EVERY job I've ever held in my almost 4o years (and some were demanding as hell) have been ultimately 'easier,' and so I feel I was better at them. Not to say I'm a horrible mom. I do get it/understand. Rather, a mom having a horrible (want to ship my daughter to China for a year) day!

GRRRRRRRRRRR again! Vent almost over ... I think. (wink)
Give me a minute ... Deep Breathing.

Now ... Here are my related gratitudes:
* That I have a beautiful and beautifully smart daughter to get on my every last nerve!
* That I have a night out tonight! Whew!
* That Ruby's no longer sick/feverish so she can go back to 'preschool' tomorrow ... YES!
* That my career/home-life balance IS happening, IS coming, IS on it's way ... I can FEEL it. THANK heaven for this!!!
* That everyone in my little family will feel better as we manage future days like this one with a bit more grace (BECAUSE there will be more balance in MY life)
* That so many other aspects of life will FEEL better as a result of better balance as well. This is huge. This is the crux, as they say. (what in the hell is a crux anyway?)

Off to move and SHAKE this feeling out ... it's VISCERAL, damn it!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment