Monday, December 27, 2010

Step Outside the Circle ... (Dec. 27)

... and Into Your Truth.

Hmmmmmm. Gets you thinking, hey?!

Step Outside the Circle and Into Your Truth.
I'm crystal clear on what I mean as I write the above, and yet still swirling on the idea a bit.

So, I'll merely begin by beginning ...

A conversation with a valued and trusted friend, and a read of another friend's book (Fat is not a four-letter word) got this brain of mine humming. I found myself contemplating the self-implied dichotomy of "reaching the masses," all the while "owning my truth."

(the thing is ... I feel I'm still creating my truth, and will continue to do so as I make my way through this life. But that is a whole other topic indeed!)

Anyway, as I swirled around with these ideas I found myself challenged (in a good way). It was the idea of stepping out of the circle and stepping into my truth that got me first.
This concept of dancing to the beat of your own drum regardless of what the majority is doing. I've done it successfully (and quite messily) on numerous occasions in my past. I've been complimented for "being myself." (now isn't that an interesting compliment!) And yet ... the words on the page and the feelings they evoked STOOD OUT.

There are still areas of my life, interests, career-passion fulfillment where I play it safe (aka. keep it under wraps for fear of being more of a satellite, for fear of what it will do to my existing world) And even as I write this, I'm smiling a knowing kind of smile. The smile that says: Go! Do! You'll create "it" in a manner that's truly perfect for you (and thus all). Still, it does require fear-management and self-awareness so as to ACT and DO from a place that is my truth. (cause darn it! ... things, conversations, etc., ALWAYS go better when coming from your truth with a capital T ... rather than from defensiveness/ego)

Okay ... so I swirled that to an acceptable-to-me-for-now state, and came back to the idea of reaching the masses in conjunction with the above. Seems easier to manage the before-thought dichotomy now.

BALANCE it. Holding TRUE to Me.

For me it means I embark upon the path I've already set for myself ...
MOVE and ACT in the direction of my heart's career! Coaching/consulting/writing/ETC. (that etc. tends to be a catch-all)
Set up my 2011 schedule with activities that SUPPORT this ... and communicate them to those around me! (the setting-up is a fun process in and of itself!)
And, create a more seamless and "wider-reaching" web presence that includes my vibe/energy by way of profile and blog and writing style .... but includes verbiage/language and services list with the intent to reach WIDER. Plus the other necessary bells and whistles. (Hmmmm? Think I'll need some assistance and feedback to make that happen?! Yes! And, rightfully so if my goal is to branch out)

So, in the 'end' ... these contemplations brought me HOME again. Confirmation of my chosen path.

Thank you to my two friends (conversation and book) that sent me down this path. The destination - a familiar yet sometimes elusive place.

And as I close this blurb, I am holding space for MY stepping out of the circle and into my truth!

Perhaps you do the same for you?!

LOVE.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful Jules. I am honored to have been a part of this realization and return to your truthful path. I have someone you can talk to about getting a bigger web presence, so that you can speak your truth and guide others in profound ways! Go to http://www.customtwit.com/ and let Brian get you started. You will want to have a bigger Twitter and FB presence so that you can start getting a farther reach for your blog - which is where your gift is felt by many. Wishing you tons of success dear friend!

    Julie (Hammerstein)

    ReplyDelete