Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Nov. 2 - Stay the Course (no effort ... magic!)

Stay the course, young Jedi! (wink)
After all, we are in warrior mode, aren't we?

And, allow me to start by giving my favorite definition of warrior (it has been tainted by our modern day concept of war)

war·ri·or (wôr-r, wr-) n.
1. One who is engaged in or experienced in battle.
2. One who is engaged aggressively or energetically in an activity or cause


Warriors engaged in our personal quest of self-management, toward a more divine, PERFECTLY-US day-to-day experience. Yeah ... something like that, right?! Smiles.

OK ... so now that's out of the way ... back to the topic at hand.
Staying the Course!

*We are AWARE of our story, our perspectives, our thoughts
*We are diligently working toward positively shifting our story, perspectives and thoughts
*We are OWNING UP to how our story, perspectives and thoughts DICTATE our experience

Doing the above requires some diligence and work, doesn't it?!

Today I'm feeling pulled to remind myself (to remind us) to stay the course, to stay on track. This is noble, important and power-full work in which to be engaged!
(by lifting one, we lift the whole)

So, when finding myself struggling with some of my daily practices ... flipping my story from negative to positive, visualizing, building and running mantras, managing my ego, running energy, etc. ... I remind myself of the following:

No Effort ... MAGIC!
Stop "Trying" ... instead ... Letting!

Yes ... continue the daily practice, the daily diligence, the new habit formation!
But, remind yourself to find more EASE with it. Remind yourself to get into the FLOW by trying the above mantras/self-talk. Let magic, wonder and acceptance (the "letting" bit) play a BIG role!

Still not feeling the flow?
Do not hesitate to shelf "it" (whatever your "it" may be) every now and again.
Put down the burden when it gets heavy.
Have a bit of fun. Play. Dance. Go out with a great friend. Take a hike.
You can always come back to "your work" later. (and, you'll more than likely return to it in a much better state in which to STAY THE COURSE!)

SMILES. LOVE.
And ... May The Force Be With You! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I love this concept of Letting instead of Trying. It works for me! Good to be reminded about it, thank you

    ReplyDelete